Founded by a charter of King Athelstan in AD 930, the church is mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086. Marvel at the East window, a famous work by Kempe installed in 1931 and a font designed by Sir Alfred Gilbert, the sculptor of the famous Eros statue in Piccadilly Circus. The oldest part of the existing building was built in the 12th century and comprises the North Aisle and the bell tower, which now houses a peal of 8 bells. Listen out for the bells ringing across the valley to mark the opening of the festival.
Closest toilet facilities are located at Longbridge Deverill Village Hall.
Parking for the disabled is available as close to the venue as possible
Main parking for the church is located in a field adjacent to The George Inn approximately 7 minutes walk away.